- Quicker cycles with Chlorine Dioxide Gas than Steam or Vapor Phase Hydrogen Peroxide
- 1.5 to 3 hours depending on desired level of kill and sensitivity of components versus 24 hours for steam or 8 to 12 hours for VPHP.
- Less stress on the lyophilizer with Chlorine Dioxide Gas than Steam
- No thermal stresses with CD gas as there are with steam, because there are no heating and cooling requirements.
- No cycle development required for Chlorine Dioxide Gas
- CD: 1 mg/liter for 2 hours or 5 mg/liter for 30 minutes of exposure.
- VPHP: Cycle parameters must be developed for every specific application. If ambient temperatures change, the cycle parameters most likely need to be changed.
To learn more, read our Application Note about this specific use.