Tuesday, August 20, 2019

The Dangerous Reality of Drinking a Disinfectant

The FDA recently issued a warning for sodium chlorite products such as “Miracle” or “Master” Mineral Solution. At ClorDiSys, we would like to echo these concerns, as we do not recommend the ingestion of sodium chlorite or chlorine dioxide.  These products are sold online as “treatments” by many independent distributors. Such products go by a variety of names including Miracle or Master Mineral Solution, MMS, Chlorine Dioxide (CD) Protocol, and Water Purification Solution (WPS). Websites selling Miracle Mineral Solution describe the product as a liquid that is 28 percent sodium chlorite in distilled water. When mixed according to package directions with citric acid, that liquid becomes chlorine dioxide.  Some distributors promote on social media dangerous claims that this is an antimicrobial, antiviral, and antibacterial liquid that is a remedy for autism, cancer, flu, and other conditions. However, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is not aware of any research showing that these products are safe or effective for treating any illness. In fact, the agency has received many reports that these products have made consumers sick, and they strongly urge consumers to discontinue their use and not to purchase them.

As a world leader in chlorine dioxide, ClorDiSys Solutions has received phone calls from curious consumers asking if it is safe to ingest these or any of our products. Our response aligns with that of the FDA. Both sodium chlorite and chlorine dioxide are not meant to be consumed by people. Drinking any of these chlorine dioxide products can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, severe dehydration, or even death. Please click here to read more from the FDA’s consumer warning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AirGlow: In-duct Ultraviolet Light Disinfection System

AirGlow™ is an in-duct ultraviolet light disinfection system that can be installed in any HVAC system. Ultraviolet light (UV) is a specific ...